I asked for a day's leave to process what could have been a whole day affair with PAG-IBIG (Pagtutulungan sa Kinabukasan: Ikaw, Bangko Industriya at Gobyerno) or otherwise known as The Home Development Mutual Fund. Remember how easy it was to file for a loan for SSS online? Well for this transaction, I wanted to do it the old fashion way. This means heading out to work early and processing everything in one day.
Are you eligible for loan?
Check out the Borrower Eligibility below:
1. With at least twenty-four (24) monthly contributions.
2. An active member at the time of loan application, with at least five (5) monthly contributions for the last six (6) months.
3. Member-applicant’s net take home pay shall not fall below the minimum requirement of the General Appropriations Act (GAA) or company policy, whichever is applicable.
4. If with existing calamity loan, a member shall be allowed to avail of the MPL only after payment of at least six (6) monthly amortizations. The outstanding balance, together with any accrued interests, penalties and charges, shall be deducted from the proceeds of the MPL.
Legend: MPL - Multi-Purpose Loan
Source: Multi-Purpose Loan Eligibility
Steps in Applying the PAG-IBIG Multi-Purpose Loan
1. Ask for a MPL form. I asked from the Human Development or from the Finance Department. Or you can get it from this link: Pag-Ibig MPL form.
2. Fill out the form and secure a photocopy of 2 valid IDs. Preferably government issued IDs.
3. Print out a month's worth payslip. Have your documents (MPL form, payslip, photocopy of 2 valid IDs) signed by the Finance Head for authentication.
4. Head out to PAG-IBIG early and get a priority number.
5. Wait to be called. Once called in, submit documents to the staff.
6. You will then be instructed to photocopy 2 of your valid IDs and fill out the Cash Card application form. Once done, head out to Counter 9 to submit all documents.
7. On Counter 9, the staff will check all documents and ask for the original IDs photocopied. He/she will then provide the cash card and have you sign an acknowledgment form.
8. Once done, you will then get a STL Acknowledgment Receipt and get instructions for your cash card.
9. Releasing of loan is between 5-7 working days.
Tips in making the wait tolerable:
1. Bring a good book or listen to music. I didn't have any so I decided to take a nap instead.
2. Bring snacks and water. I got there around 8AM and ended at 11AM.
3. Bring government issued IDs. They have a photocopying services inside the office at Php1 per copy.
4. Bring blue ballpen. Only blue ink is used for all forms.