Royal Concourse

#032eatdrink, food, cebu, buffet, budget buffetI apologize for the long overdue food reviews. Let me give you my excuse for not blogging for a very very long time in three words: I got promoted. Yes, I am now having a steady relationship with Microsoft Office Excel. In leiu of this, I decided to have a one time big time celebration. My team and I thought of having a 4-in-1 celebration to cover for lost times. One would be Dorothy's Baby Shower, she is due this September. Debbie's post-shower,  my so called promotion and what would seem like our first Team Building together. 

We headed out to Royal Concourse, the buffet heaven for a very low entrance fee. If heaven only needed my Php198, I am willing to pay for it in cash! After a short photowalk in downtown Cebu, everyone  met at the venue around 12 noon. Lunch Buffet is common here in Cebu, where everyone wants to just settle in, get food, talk and do this repetitively. Doesn't that sound all too good? 
#032eatdrink, food, cebu, buffet, budget buffet
Before you are able to reach the tables, you are required to pay up front. Then if you are ready to dive into food heaven, you can go ahead and get your plate at the side. We waited for others to come before heading to the buffet spread.

The place was divided to a 8 seater table on each side. Fit for most Filipino families. The crowd consists of yuppies, families and friends out to have a good meal.

After much waiting and our tummies grumbling, we attacked them foodies! :P
#032eatdrink, food, cebu, buffet, budget buffet
My favorite part. 
I spent a whole lot of time on this spread. They serve Maki! I got crazy and took more than I could ever get from a Japanese restaurant.
#032eatdrink, food, cebu, buffet, budget buffet
Rice of different variety.
Heading on to the star of the whole buffet!
#032eatdrink, food, cebu, buffet, budget buffet
Crispy Pata! Rawr!
We had to wait for the pata to cook from a big vat of oil. Freshly cooked and allowed to rest, you can savor crispy pork skin and succulent meat off the bone in no time. Since there is still time to check the other food items, I decided to move ahead and get other forms of protein. Once done, I got back just in time for Kuya to chop the pata off it's bone. The sight got me weak in the knees.
#032eatdrink, food, cebu, buffet, budget buffet
Chop it off!
#032eatdrink, food, cebu, buffet, budget buffet
Crispy Pata, Rice, Maki, Grilled Squid and Kare-Kare
Here is my plate. This is just round one. Sorry for lack of photos. Was utterly too busy eating than taking photos. Maybe next time, yeah? :)  The Squid was heavenly, the pata was to die for! I kept coming back for more Maki! I love Maki! RAWR! There was also a selection for drinks and they make fresh fruit shakes as well. I was expecting Pochero to be served, maybe they no longer have any. I would definitely come back.


Royal Concourse
Gorordo Avenue, Cebu City
Contact Numbers: (032) 231-1045 or (032) 231-0147
Business Hours: 11AM - 4PM Daily
Super Buffet at 188 (Mon-Sat); 198 (Sundays)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.