Chika-An sa Cebu Consolacion

I traveled far and wide to grab an early and late Christmas gift for a good friend. I found myself riding on a jeepney heading to SM Consolacion. Yes, this would be my first time. I thought it was perfect timing since it has been a few months since it opened. After landing on uncharted mall territory and after circling the whole place, I made two conclusions: 1. It is pretty far to get clothes from Mint. 2. It's pretty decent considering the wide space, it reminded me of Abreeza.

#032eatdrink, food, cebu,filipino food
Starving, we settled in to eat at Chika-an sa Cebu just a few steps from the entrance. Among other things, this would be my first dine out at the said place. I never really crave for Filipino-style cooking cause I consider myself good at that. ;) Not to mention that the Cebu branch is always jam-packed with throngs of families having a great time. 
#032eatdrink, food, cebu,filipino food

#032eatdrink, food, cebu,filipino food

#032eatdrink, food, cebu,filipino food

The place had a homey feel to it. The tables were arranged to seat 4 guests and there were long tables as well out back. I loved the B&W photo collages of sights here in Cebu. It was really nice and entertaining. The waitstaff were accommodating and were truly pleasant. Lighting was ambient and the ventilation is just right.
#032eatdrink, food, cebu,filipino food
#032eatdrink, food, cebu,filipino food
The 5 paged menu.
What we ordered the following:
FTW! Blog - Chika-An sa Cebu (Consolacion)
Arnold Palmer, their take of the iced tea coolers most restaurants offer. It was okay, nothing really fancy. It tasted like any other iced tea but just a tad bit expensive. It is served on a pitcher, I think I can make a better tasting drink with just Php10.
#032eatdrink, food, cebu,filipino food
Grilled Pork Belly, this totally disappointed me and my companion. Look at that?! Could it get any more thinner? It was depressing. 
#032eatdrink, food, cebu,filipino food
Unlimited Rice at Ph37 per person. This felt like a rip off. They could have atleast offered a plain rice per cup serving, they only have the garlic rice available per cup. The price per serving is also the same as for the unlimited version.  I don't think it's wise to get this one. We didn't even get the chance to refill. We were full with one serving only! ~Sigh
#032eatdrink, food, cebu,filipino food
Sizzling Squid, this was the highlight of my day. It was tender and cooked just right. The sauce was soy based and it was okay for me. I love anything seafood anyway. I wished I deserved better sauce but in any case, this was just alright.
#032eatdrink, food, cebu,filipino food
This is the cross section of the belly. :(
Off to the dessert, we thought of getting the Frozen Brazo.

Expectations:  
#032eatdrink, food, cebu,filipino food

Reality:
#032eatdrink, food, cebu,filipino food
#032eatdrink, food, cebu,filipino food
How was it? It was hard as rock and cold. Ha! It was pleasant. 

How to bore a hole on my pockets?
#032eatdrink, food, cebu,filipino food


Chika-An sa Cebu
SM Consolacion
Barangay Lamac Consolacion, Mandaue City
Cebu 6001

Overall. Mckayla is not impressed and so was I.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.