Seoul Bibimbob

FTW! Blog, Seoul Bibimbob, bibimbap, korean cuisine, #FTWmallrat #FTWEats #FTWblogWhen we arrived here in Cavite, we barely have time to go out. When we do have time, we make it a point to head out far and wide and maximize our time away from the Calabarzon area. It takes us almost a day to go to the city, pay toll and fill up for gas.  So how we manage our time and dodge traffic going to the city and heading home is a true skill that takes time and patience. Waze has been a trusted travel companion, how many times has the application saved us. Also, it has caused a few glitches here and there and hopefully in time, we would just ditch the application and just travel the Manila streets blind. Lol!  
FTW! Blog, Seoul Bibimbob, bibimbap, korean cuisine, #FTWmallrat #FTWEats #FTWblog
When hunger came, we decided to dine at the nearest food court as we barely had money and there was a sense of urgency. Being a fan of Korean food, the group decided to get some bibimbap. For the uneducated tongues, bibimbap is mixed rice topped with crunchy vegetables, your choice of meat and the usual soy bean paste. You can select your meat preference: I always select beef. Wondering why that is? I love beef, its expensive more leaner and has a good taste to it. I also love pork don't get me wrong but sometimes a good beef meal is just worth it.
FTW! Blog, Seoul Bibimbob, bibimbap, korean cuisine, #FTWmallrat #FTWEats #FTWblog
When the food arrived, the usual plating was on a hot plate. I then wondered why most Filipinos prefer a sizzling plate which doesn't really add flavor to the meal. What I hate about sizzling plates is how the smoke sticks with you the whole day. I also do not like how it overcooks the food and giving it a rather burnt bitter taste. In any case, amidst all these challenges I was able to savor the meal with little or no leftovers. The soda was a tad bit less carbonated, I had to ask for a replacement as I was not willing to drink a watered down soda.

They also have other meat variants, this was Spicy Pork Kimchi. I love kimchi! I remembered one of my good friends who was so addicted with kimchi she made at home. The rice was covered in pork oil goodness. The dishes range from Php99 to Php150 which does not include the soda. The price was just right for the meal. 
FTW! Blog, Seoul Bibimbob, bibimbap, korean cuisine, #FTWmallrat #FTWEats #FTWblog
If you happen to stumble upon Seoul Bibimbob, go ahead and try them out. I envied my friend who ordered the Beef Bibimbap but the Spicy Pork was good as well. A good break from the usual fast food burgers and oily pizza slices. Let me know if you tried something else from them and I'd reconsider getting that the next time I visit.

Seoul Bibimbob
SM Mall of Asia Food Court
Follows mall hours

5 comments:

  1. I wonder why they used another name... Anyway, Mr Kimbob is now in Cebu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dunno really. Is Mr Kimbob any good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same ra ang Mr Kimbob sa Seoul Bibimbob... as you can see sa cup and that paper thingy around the sizzling plate :D

      Delete
    2. Ahh mao nang naa sa Jmall?

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.