Joed's Lutong Hapon 2.0

#032eatdrink, food, cebu, japanese food, cheap japanese foodIt has been 3 exact years from 2011 since I tried out Joed's Lutong Hapon. They were located in Juan Luna Extension in Mabolo near the basketball court and then moved to Sacred Heart Girl's High. Now, they are located in F. Cabahug Street in Mabolo and offering Japanese food at your convenience. This is the same street heading to Sykes and where Burger Joint used to be. It's between the intersection of Sarrosa Hotel and Sunday 2PM.

Back then, you had to fall in line for tables to vacate before you can be seated. Now, they can accommodate to 30 guests at once. The space was fully ventilated and while you wait, you can watch the flat screen TV near the counter. The wait wasn't that long during the time we visited, we were the only one who was around. I guess it was around 1AM. Yes, cravings got me real bad.
#032eatdrink, food, cebu, japanese food, cheap japanese food

The counter is where the magic happens, the place was kept clean and the service crew at your beck and call. They have the most attentive team as well. Always ready to attend to your needs. I was given a pitcher full of service water. I'd like to note that the water was of best quality! Thumbs up!

#032eatdrink, food, cebu, japanese food, cheap japanese

The Food
#032eatdrink, food, cebu, japanese food, cheap japanese

To start, I ordered the Crab and Corn soup. Soothing and truly delectable. This soup goes perfectly well with a hot bowl of rice. 


#032eatdrink, food, cebu, japanese food, cheap japanese
Hello there California Maki, how lovely to see you. Remember my post about the Maki I had at Tempura Japanese Grill? Well this was a good contender. I had to stop myself before I eat out the 10 piece platter.

#032eatdrink, food, cebu, japanese food, cheap japanese

The Combo Spare ribs at Php199 was enormous! Look at the size of that! And yes, they thought that the rice isn't enough as your carbohydrate source, they added potato fries to the side. The glaze was really good, a good combination of soy, oyster sauce and pepper. It's not the usual you get from other shops and you will definitely not feel umay after eating. The rice serving was in good proportion to the meat. I could not get enough of the glaze. It was so good. I could come here and just have this and not eat for hours. I was that stuffed!

#032eatdrink, food, cebu, japanese food, cheap japanese



















I wanted something with crunch hence I ordered the Beef Muyashi Rice Bowl at Php110. I have always liked texture on my meals and this one served me just that. Aside from the umami goodness from the tender beef strips to the crunchy alfalfa and let's not forget the lovely jasmine rice that truly fills anyone's hunger. This is why I love Japanese food, their flavors are just simple but truly palatable. No wonder these guys have been in the business since 2009. A great Cebu gem truly worth visiting.

Check out their other food items on the menu below:

#032eatdrink, food, cebu, japanese food, cheap japanese, Joed's Lutong Hapon menu

#032eatdrink, food, cebu, japanese food, cheap japanese, Joed's Lutong Hapon menu
Joed's Lutong Hapon
Panagdait Across Sarossa Hotel
Opens daily from 7AM to 3AM
Like them in Facebook: Joed's Lutong Hapon
Contact them at: 0915-701-2027 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.